t pairs well with aged red wines or sweet liqueur-like raisin wines; red wines with a pronounced, spicy and persistent bouquet, with scents of walnut, cherry and soft fruits, as well as spices and chocolate; decidedly dry, robust and full on the palate but, at the same, velvety and well balanced.
- Amarone della Valpolicella (Veneto ITA)
- Merlot Pomerol (Bordeaux FRA
- Nebbiolo Monterey Country(California USA)
- Cannonau Nepente Riserva(Sardegna ITA)
- Carignano del Sulcis Riserva(Sardegna ITA)
Sweet liqueur-like raisin wines with a bouquet featuring distinctive aromas of sour cherry tart, grape juice, Mediterranean scrub and coffee; full, creamy and dense, perfectly balanced tannins bolstered by a lovely freshness.
- Montefalco Sagrantino Passito (Umbria ITA)
- Barsac Grave (Bordeaux FRA
- Madeira(Madera POR)